Sunday, January 28, 2007

Schools in Viet Nam assisted by our Princess

I just found a good hearthening news from Vietnam News Service via Google 's news that our HRH Princess Mahachakri Sirindhorn has donated her personal money of USD 21,500 to the Viet Nam National Commission for UNESCO, to help upgrading 3 schools in the Quang Ninh, Ninh Binh and Hoa Binh provinces in northern Vietnam. I have not seen this in Thai news on the web (yet). I feel great.

I recall my earlier knowledge that HRH has help schools in Cambodia, and Laos. So this is the third country that I am aware of. I think her action, apart from her merit alone, will also create better relation between Thailand and neighboring countries.

From this news, I could not help but thinking about my own old personal view on past Thai governments. They could have done better than what they had done in the past. I think, for example, if they had given more scholarships to students from neighboring countries to come to study in Thailand, money will no doubt come back to Thailand 's economy and Thai Universities. And students and people of those countries would feel less animosity to Thailand and Thais, in part due to their narrowed views on "greedy" Thai merchants (and investors) in their countries.

No comments: