Friday, September 22, 2006

Quite a traffic jam for me today

I was driving home this evening, along the Paholyothin highway heading back into the city from the northern part of Bangkok was unexpectedly clogged at Km. 36. I was suspecious and guessed of what had happened. Trucks and cars had to slow down when they passed through a group of parked M48A5 tanks guarding the north highway. After a few minutes, I then found the the real cuprit. The tanks were sitting on the road side so they did not really obstract the traffic. It 's actually a few cars which parked near the tank column and a few dozens of Thai people and kids who stopped to take pictures with the tanks' crews as well as slowed down cars had created the minor traffic jam. I was not in a bad mood too much. Earlier during lunch time, a friend of mine had asked me jokingly if I had been out to take some pictures with the tanks yet. I replied to her, "No, not yet". Remembered that, I smiled as I continue driving pass the tank column.

No comments: