Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Desktop Manager: a useful software

I have been using Desktop Manager for the past few weeks and like it a lot. This is a free software for creating several desktops that can be switchable. It 's as if you have several monitors in one computer and you can open different programs in different desktops. As a result each screen would be less cluttered. Fortunately, I have ample RAM (1.5 GB) to work on multiple applications at the same time.

The version 0.5.3 of Desktop Manager, released since early 2005, works fine for Mac OS-X version 10.4.6 on my Mac G4 laptop. Now I happily switch among applications using the top panel switch or keyboard commands. This makes OS-X feel like Solaris and Linux. I wish Leopard, now under development by Apple, would incorporate this into it (and improve it further, of course).

No comments: